Wednesday, June 8, 2011

World of opinions

Welcome to my world of opinions. Welcome to the world, where I value, take and respect opinions. Opening the blog, I asked myself: "Do I have to be opinionated?" The answer is YES. Nowadays opinions are everywhere. It looks like everyone has an opinion about anything. So, we live in a world of opinions. How do we choose a right one? By the way, can we live without opinion?

Today I'm talking about the article I really like and opinion I really value and respect. First of all, the author Joseph Farah is quite interesting person. He was born in America to parents of Syrian and Lebanese ancestry. He is an author, journalist and editor-in-chief of the conservative website
WorldNetDaily
. Joseph is one of the most opinionated people about Middle East problems. Recently he published the article about history of Middle Eastern problem. It's important to say word "history".

Many people have opinions not knowing the history of the problem, and they take one or another side never learned about history. In fact, often propaganda does not care about history or presents history in its way. Real history forms a right opinion about present situation. Moreover it gives a power to defend opinion.
For sure, we need more historical facts, not myths. Winston Churchill said: "The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see." And I agree with him completely.
I don't know if author knew about aphorism when he wrote an article, but he takes us back as far as 5000 years and prove that Jerusalem is a holy place for Jews:
"In fact, the Quran says nothing about Jerusalem. It mentions Mecca hundreds of times. It mentions Medina countless times. It never mentions Jerusalem. With good reason.
There is no historical evidence to suggest Muhammad ever visited Jerusalem." I think, if we're talking about future, we have to look back and learn the history lessons...
Do we want to learn history lessons? Let me know...

No comments:

Post a Comment